Author Presentation Preparation Instructions
In order to maximize exposure for your paper, account for different learning and participation styles and allow interactive and engaging discussions with fellow attendees, each paper presentation will take the form of a pre-recorded video available during the conference and afterwards on the Signal Processing Society Resource Center, as well as a live poster presentation within the CONFlux/Gather.Town Virtual Platform. Each paper will be presented in two ways:
- Pre-Recorded Video – Since you will have a live poster opportunity to present your paper, you can consider keeping your video presentation brief, as a 5-minute overview of your paper, with or without slides or visual aids. The video can be up to 15-minutes maximum.
- Poster – The Poster will be used within the Gather.Town platform and presented live. The scheduled time slots will be provided in the coming weeks. One registered author or approved proxy is required to present the paper during this session or it will be marked as a no show.
To prepare your presentation content, you may now prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice-over slides for your presentation. Your video will be posted within your session on the IEEE ICIP 2021 on-demand virtual platform. You will also be asked to prepare a poster in a PDF and JPEG file for the poster session, which may contain live links. More detail on preparing your content is outlined below.
Video Presentation Instructions
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is considerable urgency in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize your video & poster no later than Thursday, July 22, 2021. This is a HARD DEADLINE. Presentations will not be accepted after this date.
- Duration: 15 minutes
- File size: 250MB max
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- File Type: JPEG AND PDF
- File Size: 50 mb or less
- PDF Size: A0 - Landscape 1189 mm wide x 841 mm tall (46.8 inches x 33.1 inches)
- Must be a single page
- Must NOT be password protected
- Must be saved to open to “fit page” size (in Acrobat: Preferences – Page Display – Page Layout - Zoom – Fit Page)
- Must NOT have multimedia content (video/animation) included in the PDF poster
- Hyperlinks are acceptable
- Include your poster number on top right corner
Video & Poster Submission Instructions
- Visit the paper management system at the following URL: Author Video Upload NOTE: This site will be available on July 8, 2021.
- Login with your paper number and password provided in the paper submission confirmation email.
- Choose which author is the corresponding author and click on the "Continue to Video Upload" button.
- You will be redirected to a “Speaker Submission” form
- Fill out the form
- A series of fields will be pre-filled on the form (these will be locked for editing). Please double check these for accuracy. If there are any inaccuracies, please contact Taylor Lineberger (email@example.com) and reference your paper number.
- Upload your presentation video in mp4 format (max of 250MB is allowed)
- Upload your poster file in PDF format
- Upload your poster file in JPEG format
- It is recommended, but not required, to:
- Upload a Speaker headshot photo
- Include a Speaker Biography in the available text field
- Upload PDF of your pre-recorded presentation slides
- Submit the form by selecting the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen
- A confirmation message will be presented upon successful submission and a confirmation will be emailed to you
- Be sure to retain this information in case you need to make future updates to your submission
Deadline: July 22, 2021
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation files, please contact Taylor Lineberger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the non-presented paper policy. We hope to make IEEE ICIP 2021 a success together, and look forward to your engaged participation in the coming months.